How much does an e-rickshaw cost per kilometre ?
It typically would take about 20 Units (20kW) of electricity to fully charge the battery of 90Ah capacity. The cost will vary in different states. The maintenance cost is low for these vehicles.
How much time is required to fully charge e-rickshaw ?
It would depend upon the battery and charger, but standard lead acid battery would take around 8h to charge with a 12A charger, if a higher rating charger is used it may damage the batteries and reduce the life of batteries considerably, using recommended charger is advisable.
How long will the batteries last ?
The range of the vehicle depends on a number of things
- Kerb weight
- Electrical and Mechanical loss
- Battery Capacity
- Load on the vehicle
- Driving Conditions
GEM vehicles have better quality parts, the electrical and mechanical system have been designed to minimize the losses and low kerb weight is maintained, ensuring the range of the vehicle would be better than any other e-rickshaw. The range of the vehicle with a battery 90Ah can be 80-100km/charge in ideal situation, we can achieve a range of 110km/charge.
Can I ride my electric tricycle in the rain?
Yes, you can, but you should however avoid if too much water is lodged as the electrical parts must not be submerged in water.
Which material would provide more strength metal or FRP?
Fiberglass is generally better than iron bodies as they have greater impact resistance, furthermore they are corrosion resistant, fire resistant, water resistant which increases durability and significant reduction in maintenance and virtually no maintenance cost.
Is FRP material repairable?
Yes, it is very easily repaired and the repaired part can have equal or even more strength, also unlike metal bodies the repairing does not leave a mark and the repaired part is as good as a new one.
What is the cost of repair compared to metal bodies?
The cost for repair is almost as much it would be on a metal body, damages like denting, rusting and bending never occur in fiberglass.
Do I require a driving licence for driving e-rickshaws?
Yes, recently the rules have been amended and there is a special place for e-rickshaws in CMVR rules, a special driving licence made for e-rickshaws.
What are benefits of FRP e-rickshaws over metal?
There are several benefits of e-rickshaws made in fiberglass body,
- The most important is strength of the body is much more than equivalent metal body.
- The weight of a similar metal body with this strength would be about 3 times and would still be vulnerable to rust and corrosion.
- In an electric vehicle weight is one of the most important concerns, the power loss would be reduced and range would be increased if the weight of the vehicle is reduced.
- FRP is resistant to water, fire and most acids, it is highly resistant to acid used in battery.
- There are no dents, bending and many other damage marks do not occur in fiberglass material.
- FRP can withstand more vibrations and impact leading to much longer life of the e-rickshaw.
- FRP material is non-conducting, which reduces the risk of electrical failure due to rain or washing, the risk of current leakage due to damaged wiring is also reduced in fiberglass bodies.
- FRP is commonly used in the aerospace, automotive, marine, construction industries and ballistic armor for its unique qualities, most of modern buses, ships, metro trains have fiberglass bodies.
What is the maintenance cost of e rickshaw compared to other vehicles?
The maintenance cost of an e-rickshaw is low, compared to a CNG/Diesel vehicle it is much less, even in case when something goes wrong, the cost of repair is much less than any other vehicle.